The world’s largest helicopter Mi 26 which is the Russian-built Mi-26 helicopter, It was Designed and built by Moscow-based Mil Helicopters, the Mi-26 stands roughly the same height as a three-story building and its rotors have the same span as the wings of an Airbus A320.
- Powered by a pair of 11,000 horsepower turboshaft engines
- Operated by both military and civilian operators
- can transport up to 44,000 pounds of cargo, or roughly 11 family cars, at once
- sometimes called into more dangerous situations.
- It even hauled a frozen 23,000-year-old woolly mammoth out of the Siberian tundra in 1999
Check pix below