You will need
- 1 medium water yam tuber ( or 4 X-large size sweet potatoes)
- 1 medium size onion (chopped)
- 2- 3 fresh chillis (sonbo or rodo) (chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- 1/2 cup flour (skip if using water yam)
- 2 large eggs
- oil for frying
- Cut and clean yam tuber, grate using a hand held grater
- Remove any excess water from the grated yam by (squeezing out excess fluid) (Skip step if using water yam)
- Add in egg, salt, onion, pepper and flour to the grated yam
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly
- Set oil on medium heat, once the oil is hot enough, add in the yam paste bits at a time.
- Fry on each side for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
There are yam balls and there are yam fritters. In my opinion, the yam fritters are a winner. You could eat them all day, You could eat them all night.