This is a highly nutritive delicacy in Akwa Ibom and Cross River States. It is highly recommended and enjoyed in many homes, hotels and restaurants. It can be eaten with rice or with any swallow.
- 1kg beef
- 1 cup of rich stock
- 500g of pumpkin leaves, finely chopped
- 400g of waterleaf or spinach, finely chopped
- 400g dried fish
- 300g stockfish, cleaned and softened
- 200g kpomo
- 5 cups crayfish, ground
- Chilli pepper to taste
- 3 seasoning cubes
- 3 cups of palm oil
- 1 onion bulb
- Salt to taste
- Wash all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Season and boil your meat to make your stock.
- When the meat is soft, add the stockfish, kpomo and cook further.
- When you have about one cup of water in the pot, add the pumpkin leaves and cook for about 3minutes.
- Add the waterleaf, crayfish and the palm oil.
- Cook for about 5minutes
- Add the seasoning cubes and pepper
- Add salt to taste
- Remove from heat