The Postcode Lottery Green Challenge is the world’s largest competition in the field of sustainable entrepreneurship. Building on its mission to contribute to a greener world, the Dutch Postcode Lottery has been organising the Postcode Lottery Green Challenge since 2007. Marieke van Schaik, Managing Director of the Dutch Postcode Lottery: “Climate change demands new ways of thinking. In order to be able to foster and encourage entrepreneurs in the field of sustainable innovation, we started the Postcode Lottery Green Challenge in 2007.
Green startups from all over the world can submit promising sustainable business plans until 1 June 2016 inclusive.
In order to be able to compete, your product or service must reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The winner will receive €500,000 to further develop their product or service, and to bring it to market. The runner-up will receive €200,000. Candidates can enter their business plan via www.greenchallenge.info. The winner will chosen by an international jury at the finals in Amsterdam on 14 September 2016.
From the 1st of March 2016 until the 1st of June 2016 the 10th edition of the Postcode Lottery Green Challenge is open.
- should have the potential to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions by an amount you can roughly estimate;
- should be developed enough to execute;
- should be realisable as a usable product or service within the next two years
- should preferably have integrated Cradle2Cradle principles in their designs
Besides these criteria, the jury will also look at factors as: Communication potential, courageousness and creativity.
- be willing to bring your idea to market yourself, and to commit to working with any organisation necessary for developing the product and/or implementing the service;
- be 18 years or older
- agree with all our Terms & Conditions
- carefully answer all the questions on the entry form in English
- be willing to attend the Postcode Lottery Green Challenge in Amsterdam if you are selected as a finalist and present your idea to the jury.
For More Information, Visit the official page of Postcode Lottery Green Challenge 2016