INNOVATEChina 2017 focuses on fintech and InternetPlus – the exciting and rapidly growing areas of technology innovation in the finance industry. Sponsored by Santander and eToro with strategic support from Tencent, the theme for INNOVATEChina 2017 is “Where Finance Goes High-Tech”. Finance is at the core of the economy, and innovation in finance is essential to keeping up with rapidly evolving consumer needs. In China, the integration of the internet with other industries is also known as “Internet Plus”, and this integration is a key strategic focus for China’s economic vision for the future.
In line with this vision and CEIBS’s motto, “China Depth, Global Breadth”, CEIBS is providing a platform for future entrepreneurs and business leaders around the world to identify innovative business model ideas that combine the internet with financial services.
Digitization is dramatically impacting the way financial institutions do business with their clients. Disruptions are taking place in payments, investing, lending, fraud reduction and other areas at the core of financial services, in this very moment. Both incumbents and new entrants are reinventing how financial products are delivered to consumers and businesses – with the newer generations and emerging economies embracing new ways to do banking.
In this context, Santander has identified INNOVATEChina as a key platform to learn and gain insights on how future generations will interact with financial institutions as well as the kind of products and services that will be needed.
More than just a competition, INNOVATEChina aims to establish a platform to connect the innovative minds from global business schools with the vast experience of business experts and venture capitalists in China to introduce pioneering financial services ideas to the industry.
We encourage any kind of innovation in financial services, but aligning with industry trends suggest the following:
- Payments: Simplifying payment processing from international transfers to making payments in markets with no banking infrastructure
- Lending/Investing: From financial planning advisors to alternative P2P lenders for small businesses
- Smart Data Management: Exploring the benefits of Big Data and Artificial Intelligence for areas like Fraud Detection & Risk Profiling
INNOVATEChina 2017 Business Plan Competition
- Registration Deadline: 15th February 2017
- Finalist Announce: 28th February 2017
- Final Event Date: 25th March 2017
Business Plan Requirement
The key components in the submitted business plan should allow judges to understand the business opportunity, including industry context, required details to understand the service or product offered, business model, competitive advantages of the business, and financial requirements.
- PowerPoint: Maximum 10 slides
- Demo or Video: Not mandatory, but we encourage you to include it for clarification
More Details >> Official webpage of INNOVATE China Business Plan Competition