If you don’t want to lose your phone details, your records, your photo files and important images you cannot do without on your smartphone; this simple steps on how to back up your photos on your Android phone will help
Many of us today do not do this but got to learn how only when we lost our phone or our phone got stolen or get faulty. Ignoring prompts to backup your phone or disabling the app that will do that automatically will have to stop after reading this.
Google photos is an App on Android that will allow you automatically upload your photos and videos to your cloud storage when you hit a data network. Every photograph and video will be saved there, backed up wirelessly when it detects a data connection.
Every smartphone have it Pre-installed, if not install it from google play
Turn Back up & sync on or off
- Open the Google Photos app on your mobile device .
- At the top left, touch the Menu icon .
- Select Settings > Back up & sync.
- At the top, switch it on or off.
Things to bear in mind about this setting:
- Changing backup settings will affect all apps that use Back up & sync, such as Google Drive.
- If you have Back up & sync on, deleting the Google Photos app from your device will not turn it off. To turn off Back up & sync, follow the instructions above.
Optional: Check what’s been backed up
- At the bottom of the Google Photos app, tap Photos .
- Photos and videos that are not backed up will have this icon .
2. Use Dropbox
You can add photos to an existing album on your Photos page on the Dropbox website. You can set your phone to upload images automatically. If you opt in for a free Dropbox account, you will have to connect your account to a desktop
Add photos to an album on the Dropbox website
- After signing in, click on Photos in the sidebar on the left.
- Select the photos and videos you want to add. A blue border and checkmark will appear on each selection.
- Click the Add to album… button at the top of the screen.
- Choose the album you want to add the photos to.
The Dropbox mobile app gives you different ways to upload files from your phone or tablet. Uploaded files sync with Dropbox on your computer and all your other connected devices.
Upload photos manually
- Open the Dropbox app.
- Tap the icon for the folder where you’d like the files to be added.
- Tap the upload icon in the app bar.
- Select a photo from your device gallery.
Note: The Dropbox app for Windows devices does not currently support video uploads. This is due to operating system limitations.
Upload a photo from your device’s gallery
- Open the gallery app.
- Tap the upload icon from the bottom app bar menu.
- Thumbnails from your phone’s photo gallery will appear. Tap the photo you’d like to upload.
- Select Dropbox.
To check the upload status for files, locate the file in your Dropbox and look at the progress bar under the file name.
Photos will then instantly sync to all of your computers and mobile devices. Uploading to a shared folder allows other members of that folder to see your photo or video.
3. Do it manually:
For this, you’ll need access to a PC and a USB cable that fits your Android device.
Plug your phone into your PC using the USB cable. Your Android phone should appear as an external drive, which you can open and browse. Find the images folder, and copy your photos from there.