Etisalat has at the core of its vision, to encourage and inspire creativity. Having this in mind, the Flash Fiction Award has been established in order to cater to the large amount of interest received from unpublished writers across the Continent. In order to garner some publicity for the art of flash fiction writing and the writers themselves, this category of the Prize will be open to the general public to review and contribute to the ultimately selection of a winner.
Application Deadline: October 14
In today’s fast paced world where communication is right at our finger tips through the use of smart devices; phones, tablets and the likes, consumers prefer to consume information on-the-go and in bite sized chunks. The Flash Fiction Award therefore seeks to marry both of these concepts together thus providing added value to mobile device users across Africa.
- The Prize is open to all writers of unpublished short stories (of African citizenship but can be resident anywhere in the world)
- All entries will be submitted online via the website and short stories submitted should not exceed 300 words
Winners will receive:
- Winning Author
- £1,000 cash prize.
- High end device
- £500 cash prize (each)
- High end device
Top 50 Stories:
- Published e-book compilation by okadabooks.com promoted online and via SMS
- Published print book (if available) distributed at award ceremony
- Entries Open – September 1
- Entries Closes – October 14
- Voting Opens to the general public – November 1
- Voting Closes – November 30
- Top 50 Announced – December 2
- Finalists Announced – January 11, 2017
- Award Ceremony/Winner Announcement – March 2017
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the Etisalat Flash Fiction Award 2016